Looking for a cute accessory for your wardrobe? Scarves are a great way to add style to any outfit! You don’t need to spend a lot of money to create a fashionable look. Turn an inexpensive scarf into your own piece of “wearable” art with the use of fabric paint markers.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, my scarf designs were inspired by the theme of “love.” I wrote out Sonnet 43 written by Elizabeth Barrett Browning on my first design.
1. The grain of your scarf can be tricky to work with the markers, so practice writing or drawing with a fabric similar to your scarf.
2. Place a piece of cardboard paper underneath your scarf to protect your table or workspace. The markers will bleed through the fabric.
3. Use cans or other items to hold your scarf down flat.
4. Let your creative juices flow and draw your design.
5. Allow your scarf to dry while laying flat for 24 hours.
6. The next day, iron your scarf underneath another cloth. This will set your paint and make it permanent.
I loved the final product of this project so much that I made another scarf, but with a bit of a different twist. Stay tuned for another DIY scarf design later this week.