These are my beautiful eyelash extensions that I absolutely adore! I’ve maintained them for about one year, and I can say they are worth every penny. Make note of this: the first 48 hours (after application or a fill) really are crucial! Why? That is the duration of time it takes for the adhesive, aka glue, to dry and create a strong bond. In order to extend the life of your gorgeous eyelash extensions, the first 48 hours are important.
Here’s how to keep those lashes looking natural and lovely:
1. Stay away from hot, steamy showers or wetting your lashes. (Shower very quickly or take a bath. Some go as far wearing goggles in the shower…I’m not quite there yet.) Amanda always washes her hair right before she gets a new set of lashes or a fill so she won’t need to get her head wet the next 48 hours.
2. Avoid exposure to steam, heat, saunas, etc. and also friction. During the first 48 hours the adhesive is extremely vulnerable to any kind moisture from water, steam, and sweat. Cosmetic ingredients used in eye makeup remover may also cause lashes to fall out prematurely after being irritated or pulled on.
3. No sleeping on your stomach and side. This is to avoid crushing the lashes and moisture from snoring and breathing onto the lashes. We all know what it’s like to wake up from deep sleep. Drool is not cool!
4. Avoid eye treatments of any kind (lash tinting or perming, skin resurfacing, chemical peels, waxing, etc.) This will irritate the eyes and interfere with the glue bonding time.
5. Avoid eye makeup application. I understand this is extremely hard for women. As a beauty professional, I must look presentable at all times. What I have done is natural, nude eyeshadow that is not shimmery on the entire lid, and apply eyeliner on the bottom lash line very lightly. Focus more on your lip color the first 48 hours. Trust me you will still look amazing!
If you have any other tips or techniques to extend the life of your lash extensions, we would love to hear from you. Please comment below!